Part-Time Non-Eligible summer employee positions are not part of the Oakland County Merit System. These positions are limited to 520 hours during the summer months. This position will be working from Mid April 2021 to Mid September 2021.
Under close supervision, researches law, investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist legal counsel. Researches and analyzes sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions and legal codes to prepare legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, contracts and deeds for review, approval, and use by an attorney. Obtains affidavits and assist the attorney during trial. Assists in the preparation of FOIA responses. Keeps files of all documents and correspondence important to the assigned matter. Utilizes current county-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Transcripts showing current enrollment in Law School
- Valid Driver’s License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Must be enrolled in Law School.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this classification.