Devin Mann, MD, MHS, Associate Professor in the Division of Healthcare Delivery Science and Senior Director of Informatics Innovation at NYU Langone Medical Center, is looking for a Post-Doctoral Fellow to join his research group HiBRID (Healthcare Innovation Bridging Research, Informatics and Design) to support design and development in a number of projects related to digital innovation in healthcare delivery. Relevant areas of focus include: user-centered design, implementation science, mHealth, A/B testing in healthcare, machine learning, digital product development, EHRs, clinical decision support, informatics, and behavioral economics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform research related duties as needed, including user research, ideation, intervention development, data analysis and visualization, contribute to publications and presentations and have opportunity to pursue interests and projects related to HiBRID’s current portfolio of projects.
- PhD, DrPH, MD or other relevant doctoral degree
- Strong interest in healthcare and health services delivery
- Priority given to candidates with background in informatics, usability/user research, machine learning, human factors engineering, or behavioral economics
- Knowledge of standard computer software packages for data analysis and presentation, and on-line literature search engines
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking and sound judgement
- Good organizational and time management skills
- User research, prototyping, programing, analytical or technical architecture experiences highly valued