To provide for the day-to-day cares of clients in their own homes and communities, in accordance with established company policies and procedures, standards, and guidelines; and current federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing home health care and as directed by the supervisor by performing the following duties.
Education and/or Experience
- Successful completion of a state approved Nurses Assistant course and certified by the State of Nebraska, DHHS or Successful completion of a State approved 75-hr Home Health Aide Course and certified by the State of Nebraska, DHHS.
- Must be on the Nebraska Nursing Assistant Registry.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable Department of Motor Vehicles Record.
- Proper vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be willing and able to become CPR and first aid certified as required by home health care policy and procedure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a minimum of 18 years of age and must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to perform all activities of a Certified Nurse Aide (Private Duty).
j2/ Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
(Please note: This in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of certain duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate).
- Possess, maintain, and use a practical knowledge base regarding issues and regulations affecting home health care and the Nursing department as well as the individual clients.
- Provide comprehensive care to clients. Complete cares thoroughly and in a timely manner. Follow specific instructions given in shift report, work assignments, work schedules, and/or as directed the supervisor and ask for clarification regarding procedures as needed. This assistance may be to varying degrees and with or without assistive devices including, but not limited to:
- Answer and assist client’s requests for assistance
- Oral cares
- Elimination assistance including appropriate pericare
- Obtaining specimens
- Indwelling catheter care
- Personal hygiene (e.g. nail and hair care, shaving)
- Dressing/undressing including special slings, stockings, or other adaptive supplies
- Eye and ear care such as cleaning of glasses/hearing aids
- Prepare and ambulate and/or transport clients including to/from meals, activities, appointments, etc.
- Lift, turn, move, and reposition clients, alone or with human or mechanical assistance. Note: Certified Nurse Aides under the age of 18 are unable to operate or assist to operate power driven lifts.
- Range of Motion and/or restorative care
- Reality orientation and/or validation as needed
- Take vitals and weigh residents/tenants
- Ensure client’s living and working areas are clean, neat, and meeting the needs of the client including, but not limited to:
- Routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Ensure client’s safety and security by supervising the home environment.
- Monitor and assessing clients and reporting any problems, changes in condition or concerns to their supervisor including physical, emotional, and cognition status.
- Give and receive report regarding a client’s status
- Take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, weight, height, as directed.
- Report any concerns voiced by clients and their families immediately.
- Documenting all entries accurately and completely regarding daily cares on flow sheets notes, charts, etc. including level of assistance, intakes/outputs, and bowel movements.
- Perform all work assignments and/or work schedules as instructed by supervisor in accordance with established policies and procedures including, but not limited to Safety, Infection Control, Nursing, Personnel, Client Rights including confidentiality and grievances, Abuse and Neglect, and HIPAA. Report any concerns regarding standard of practice of other staff members immediately to their supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.