The NXP University Recruiting Coordinator, Spring Co-Op/Summer Internship will collaborate with other members of the Talent Acquisition team, Human Resources Business Partners and hiring managers to support the recruiting and onboarding of Entry Level and Intern hires during the Spring 2021 semester and support Intern Engagement Activities during the Summer.
Responsibilities will center around supporting the University Recruiting team with planning and executing on-campus events, communicating with selected Graduate Hires and Interns throughout Spring semester and preparing an effective and fun weekly engagement program for our summer interns in 3 locations.
Specific job duties include the following:
- Managing logistics for campus events, including preparing and shipping materials, communicating with Recruiters and Managers slated to attend campus events, and tracking expenses associated with campus events
- Posting Internship and Entry Level positions via electronic job boards at target campuses and communicating with campus Career Center representatives about the positions and how interested students can apply via www.nxp.com/careers
- Working with candidates and hiring managers to finalize travel for selected Entry Level interview candidates who are not local
- Tracking detailed information spreadsheet for incoming Intern and Entry Level hires
- Tracking work authorization expiration dates for international students and working with them and their school on paperwork for extensions as needed.
- Assisting confirmed hires with any paperwork needed for their school, answering questions about relocation, etc.
- Compiling monthly/semi-monthly newsletters to be sent to all confirmed Summer Interns.
- Planning logistics for Manager Kick-Off meeting for all hiring managers with an Intern identified.
- Planning logistics for Summer Intern onboarding “Day One” events to include coordinating staffing and presenters, maintaining slide deck for all presenters (speakers provide the material), site tour, catering, coordinating with IT for laptop distribution, “Ice Breaker” activities, etc.
- Planning for weekly engagement events for the Summer Interns, to include networking events, community service and professional development. This may include scheduling speakers, catering, room reservations, and conducting surveys to gauge event effectiveness
- Actively working towards a degree in Human Resources, Communication, Business Management, or similar.
- Strong project management skills required
- Able to effectively use Microsoft suite of products, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience or certification in Event Planning is helpful, but not required
- Organized, self-starter, creative thinker, problem solver, positive attitude, able to deal with ambiguity and propose solutions when the answer may not be immediately obvious
- To be considered for this position, you must be actively in pursuit of a Bachelors degree and either graduating or returning to school at the end of the internship term. If you have already graduated, please search for positions labeled “Entry Level”, “Graduate Hire”, or “Experience Hire” (as applicable).
- Able to work remotely 20-25 hours per week during the Spring Semester, and full time during the summer. Summer term may remain virtual or in our Austin, TX office depending on local guidelines and regulations.