Division Seed Manager – Dyersville, IA
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Budget, forecast, and work with seed procurement to secure supply
- Collaborate with Division Management to develop and implement strategies to increase seed sales across Division
- Integrate and position proprietary products into customer business plans
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of product features, benefits and use
- Coach, train, mentor and motivate sales staff within division to deliver seed sales targets and margin objectives
- Provide direction and leadership to be customer’s agronomic business partner of choice
- Assure customer satisfaction through timely and accurate delivery and quality of product
- Promote and communicate seed marketing programs and customer incentive programs
- Build Dyna-Gro Brand product and technical confidence and awareness throughout the selling organization
- Actively manage seed inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure our success of meeting business objectives
- Handle product performance inquiries, establish trial/plot plans and designate plot tour activities
- Provide product, technology and agronomic knowledge through training at meetings, field days, plots, and one-on-one with seed personnel
- Maintain a working relationship with all designated Seed Partner Support Personnel to effectively implement Division seed policy and procedures
- Anticipate and recognize changes and react to new opportunities in the marketplace
- Collaborate with other Division Seed Managers to maximize services and information
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- Experience in the agriculture industry, specifically experience with seed; preferred but not required
- 3+ years experience managing and leading diverse teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Experience with training, coaching, and influencing others
- Strong time management capability
- Proficient use of computer programs to include Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Able to work additional hours to meet business demand
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran