Novel Growth Partners (www.novelgp.com) is recruiting a top-talent individual for the role of Analyst Intern. We are a Kansas City revenue-based venture fund with a mission to improve access to capital for technology companies in underfunded markets. Novel is focused on investing in early-stage enterprise software companies across the country. Our approach is unique because we provide financing to companies that in many cases don’t fit the traditional venture-capital equity model.
If you are a college student or graduate excited by the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing venture firm and looking for a chance to “break into” venture capital, this is your opportunity!
Strong candidates will find intrinsic reward in an unstructured environment where individuals own their actions and have outsized impact. This role requires that you can function with the highest level of integrity within a highly confidential environment. You must believe in and demonstrate the utmost respect and empathy for all entrepreneurs and their work.
The Analyst Intern will work directly with the managing directors and analysts and will have the following responsibilities:
- Source, analyze and prioritize a dynamic data set of investment opportunities in our scope of geography and industry.
- Coordinate communication and meetings with CEOs of prospective companies.
- Manage integrated marketing campaigns across email, website, and social channels targeted to early-stage entrepreneurs.
- Identify and catalog content and best practices relevant to prospective portfolio companies.
A successful Analyst Intern will have the following characteristics:
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Deadline-driven and ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills and impeccable business judgement.
- Excellent attention to detail, even when given multiple assignments.
- College senior or graduate pursuing an MBA, Marketing, or Finance-related degree.
- Proven and engaged leader in academics, volunteer work and/or curricular activities.
- Personal connection with startups or entrepreneurship.
- Passion for venture investing.
- We expect the candidate to be available a minimum of 20 hours per week but we are flexible with the internship schedule.
- On-site opportunity.
- Part-time paid internship.