Novel is focused on investing in early-stage enterprise software companies in the middle of the country. Our approach is unique because we provide financing to companies that don’t fit the traditional venture-capital equity model.
Strong candidates will find intrinsic reward in an unstructured environment where individuals own their actions and have outsized impact. This role requires that you can function with the highest level of integrity within a highly confidential environment. You must believe in and demonstrate the utmost respect and empathy for all entrepreneurs and their work. If you are a student or graduate excited by the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing venture firm and looking for a chance to “break into” venture capital, this is your opportunity!
The Intern will work directly with the managing directors and analysts and will have the following responsibilities:
- Source, analyze and prioritize a dynamic data set of investment opportunities in our scope of geography and industry.
- Play a key role in contributing to our deal evaluation process including collection of company data, financial analysis, pro forma modeling, and various other due diligence related items.
- Collect and analyze portfolio company metrics.
- Coordinate communication with portfolio companies.
- Identify content and best practices relevant to portfolio companies.
- Manage integrated marketing campaigns across email, website, and social channels targeted to early stage entrepreneurs.
A successful Intern will have the following characteristics:
- Excellent financial analysis and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills and impeccable business judgement.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills and task focus when given multiple assignments.
- Proven and engaged leader in academics, volunteer work and/or curricular activities.
- Personal connection with entrepreneurship.
- Passion for venture investing.
- Must live in the Kansas City area.