Financial representatives with the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network provide expert guidance and innovative solutions to help meet a client’s financial goals and objectives at every life stage. They develop enduring relationships with their clients by providing expert guidance for a lifetime of financial security. With access to a network of specialists, financial representatives take a holistic approach to identifying financial security needs and developing solutions using world-class insurance and investment products. Financial representatives have access to a network of specialists who together provide guidance on:
- Comprehensive Financial Planning – Personal Planning Analysis
- Asset & Income Protection – Education Funding
- Investment & Advisory Services – Trust Services
- Estate Analysis – Retirement Solutions
- Business Needs Analysis – Employee & Executive Benefits
This will be a full-time summer internship program. Performance standards and sales goals will be set at beginning of program. Internship provides top-ranked training program, mentorship opportunities, hands-on experience and potential path for growth post-program.
- Must be a full-time student at a four year institution or graduate school
- Must be willing to travel to our office at Park Ave, NY, NY
- Must be willing to study for and obtain your state insurance licenses
- History of high achievement demonstrated by rapid growth and consistent, measurable results
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to develop lasting, meaningful relationships as well as influence others
Our College Financial Representatives Receive:
- The opportunity to experience the full-time career of a financial representative while taking advantage of a highly respected college program
- The ability to build their own practice as a financial representative and training on Northwestern Mutual’s unique services
- Top-ranking training program with business, product, and sales training
- Weekly coaching and mentoring from industry leaders including ongoing personal and professional development
Accolades, Ratings and Assessments:
- Northwestern Mutual has been ranked for 22 consecutive years as a Top 10 Internship Program in America ranked by Vault Guide
- Northwestern Mutual is annually honored as one of the “ World’s Most Admired Companies ” in the life insurance industry according to FORTUNE Magazine’s annual survey. Since 1983, FORTUNE magazine has surveyed industry executives and analysts 38 times to identify the companies that are among the “Most Admired” in their industry, 38 times , Northwestern Mutual has earned that distinction.
- Northwestern Mutual is annually ranked as one of the “ 50 Best Companies to Sell For ” by Selling Power Magazine and recognizes as the best company to sell for in the financial services industry.
- Business Week recently recognized Northwestern Mutual as one of the “ Best Places to Launch a Career ”.
- Northwestern Mutual named Top 25 “ Best Places to Work ” by Glassdoor.com .
- Ranking organizations that excel at training and leadership development, Trainingmagazine ranked Northwestern Mutual among its “ Training Top 125 ”.
- Ranked among the Top 10 independent broker-dealers as measured by total revenues by the leading investment industry publications: Investment News ; Financial Advisor magazine; Financial Planning magazine; Investment Advisormagazine.