About this Job
You will gain hands on and real world experience as you explore the career path of becoming a Financial Advisor. Through our personal and professional development training, you will not only learn how to build and maintain relationships within your community, but you will also have the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of others by helping them enjoy
financially secure lives.
Northwestern Mutual’s College Financial Representative Internship has been ranked as a “Top 10 Internship” for the past 22 years (Vault Guide to Internships, 2018). As a Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative, you will join our network office team and have the opportunity to partner with experienced financial representatives, advisors, and professional office staff to help grow your personal practice. You will see the independent and entrepreneurial spirit that our financial representatives exhibit as you indulge in our innovative, supportive, and committed company culture.
- Obtain your Life, Accident, & Health License, financed by Northwestern Mutual (Future opportunity to obtain Series 6 and 63 licenses)
- Participate in personal and professional training and development meetings
- Build your own (daily) schedule to meet with prospects and clients at your convenience
- Analyze, create, and implement a personalized strategy for your clients to achieve financial security
- Work directly with a mentor throughout the internship program
- Schedule your work week around your academic schedule
- U.S. Citizen or permanent work authorization
- Full-time student with Junior or Senior standing (any major, graduate and undergraduate students accepted)
- Strong academic performance and active involvement in clubs/organizations
- Devoted work ethic
- Previous work or internship experience
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, driven, goal-oriented
- Sociable, outgoing, enjoys meeting new people
· Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
· Lombard, Illinois, United States
· Elgin, Illinois, United States
· Skokie, Illinois, United States
· Chicago (West Loop), Illinois, United States
If interested please send your resume to Kim Luhman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Northwestern Mutual – Greater Chicago
Northwestern Mutual – Greater Chicago has consistently focused on one ambition: to do the right things for the people who put their trust in us. Since 1903, we have been serving individuals and businesses in the greater Chicago area through offices located in Lombard, Elgin, Vernon Hills, Skokie in the North Shore, and downtown in Chicago’s West Loop.
We’re proud to be recognized as a 2019 Chicago Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune! The companies chosen for the recognition scored high with employees on company leadership, communication, career growth, working enviroment, and more.
Under the leadership of Managing Partner, Tom Goris Jr. CLU®, ChFC®, our network of financial advisors are dedicated to providing expert guidance and innovative solutions to help you identify and meet your financial goals at different stages in your life.