Work Schedule: 11am-7:30pm with occasional 5am-1:30pm *$1000 Sign on bonus*
The Cook is responsible for the preparation and cooking of proper amounts of food items, desserts, salads and other prep work. Standardized recipes, portion control, and preparation methods are used as prescribed by State and Federal guidelines. May be required to supervise a crew of up to six (6) in the area of cooking and food preparations. Is responsible for the cleanliness of work area and for safe, sanitary handling of food, equipment, and supplies. May be responsible for other food preparation tasks as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager.
01. Coordinates the cooking operation and the functions of proper food preparation for patient/resident/cafeteria customers food consumption.
02. Adheres to all organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
03. Maintains high standards of sanitation in all areas.
04. Participates in various meetings as necessary.
05. Ensures all products and food items are stored in accordance with TAMC policies, adhering to State and Federal Law.
06. Coordinates the deliveries and food production in accordance with assignments from the Supervisor/Manager.
07. Helps control food costs through the use of standardized recipes, portion control, and food specifications.
08. Ensures the servers are adhering to proper holding temperatures for both hot and cold foods.
09. Oversees the handling of daily inventory.
10. Maintains proper production records.
11. Ensures all foods are served according to the diet manual.
12. Participates in departmental Performance Improvement program as needed.
13. Completes other projects and duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager.