he Clinical Educator is responsible for:
- The continuing education for current staff using evidenced based competencies; as well as current EMMC policies & procedures
- Tracking, maintenance, and evaluation of annual job requirements, educational needs, staff competencies, orientation and certifications
- Development of policies and procedures as well as education materials/implementation plans
- Development, maintenance and tracking of Competency based Orientation for all new hires
- Participating in multidisciplinary rounds
- Collaborating with Clinical Supervisor & Nurse Manager on educational goals/objectives
- Collaborating with other departments on education, training and quality control
- Maintaining dashboard for departmental key performance indicators (KPI) to standardize communication of monthly QA/PI measures
- Ongoing development and implement of departmental electronic documentation application
- Participating in department cost per case reduction initiative
Working with leadership to ensure compliance with CMS regulations
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Active Maine RN license or eligibility to obtain. BSN required; MSN preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED Minimum2 years PACU experience, 3-5 preferred. Demonstrates strong clinical skills. Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills, teamwork, and organizational skills. Effective collaborative, problem solving skills. Develop and manage nursing staff competency requirements; and assist in the development and maintenance of departmental directives that relate to nursing process and procedure. Ability to a complete and comprehensive age specific nursing care to the population of patients within the assigned unit/area.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Flexibility with work hours and activities in response to unit needs. Ability to identify clinical and professional objectives for the unit. Ability to learn basic computer skills, to identify own learning needs, to work independently, to recognize need for assistance and seek it in a timely manner, to prioritize work responsibilities and work efficiently in the face of a variety of every changing requests and demands on time. Ability to build supportive relationships with co-workers and evaluate performance of staff members. Ability to adapt to change and modify behaviors to meet all regulatory requirement.