The graduate assistant will assist in the daily operations of NSU Career Services including but not limited to Career Counseling appointments, campus presentations, Career Events, and workforce development initiatives.
- Assist students and alumni with the development and revision of resumes and cover letters; assist students by conducting mock interviews.
- Assist students with self-assessment and career exploration activities; counsel students from a variety of majors on career decision-making.
- Conduct classroom presentations.
- Assist in establishing new employer contacts and strengthen current employer contacts.
- Assist in creating career exploration, job shadowing, and internship opportunities for students through growing and developing relationship with current and new employer partners.
- Instruct students in the use of Career Services software and in job search strategies.
- Assist with on- and off-campus career related events and fairs.
- Perform other tasks and operations as needed/appropriate.
- Must be able to work a consistent schedule. Most hours will be completed during normal NSU office hours; however, some hours may be outside of normal hours if assisting with an evening or weekend event. Any hours worked outside of normal office hours will be planned in advanced and approved by the supervisor.
- Must meet all requirements as outlined through the Graduate College.
- Must be in good conduct standing with NSU or previous institution.
- This position is open to all eligible Graduate College students, but preference will go to a student enrolled in the Higher Education Leadership and Counseling programs.