**Targeting start dates of January 2021 and later**
A Day in the Life
Watch and learn more about the Account Analyst role > http://bit.ly/NS_RA_CS
Account Analysts work in our Revenue Accounting Operations group in Atlanta, GA and are responsible for the management of our accounts receivable. Account Analysts serve as one of our customers’ main contacts and are an integral part of the Norfolk Southern business team. Analysts may manage accounts receivables for up to 200 customer accounts with combined receivables averaging $12M and will communicate with customer’s regularly via telephone and email for receivables management and revenue protection efforts. Many of our department’s employees successfully advance to other departments within Norfolk Southern, including Expenditure Accounting, Marketing, Corporate Accounting and Internal Audit. Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verify the accuracy of Norfolk Southern invoicing for revenue earned from rail operations.
- Build relationships through exceptional customer service.
- Identify process improvements for billing and collections issues. Collaborate with other departments to test and implement enhancements
- Utilize analytical tools to identify trends related to traffic, customers, invoices and payments.
- Interact with internal departments (such as Transportation and Marketing), as well as other railroads to research and resolve disputes.
- Provide comprehensive updates to Management team and related stakeholders regarding customers’ accounts.
- Actively participate in own professional development as guided by management team.
What makes a successful Account Analyst?
- A self-starter committed to learn the ins and outs of railroad operations, as well as, the industry regulations.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to manage time, plan and prioritize work demands effectively.
- Positive and professional attitude on a daily basis.
- Starting salary for this positon is $55,000
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
- Preferred Degree Paths: Business Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management and majors in a similar field of study will be considered
- 0-1 Years of Work Experience
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Projected Career Path
Account Analyst – Sr. Account Analyst- Supervisor – Assistant Manager – Manager Revenue Accounting Customer Services – Director Revenue Accounting