Norder Supply is an independently owned full-service ag retail business established in 1976 with Nebraska facilities in Aurora, Bladen, Bruning, Byron, Fremont, Hebron, Juniata, Blue Hill, Red Cloud, Shickley, Maywood and Wayne. Along with professional recommendations and advice Norder Supply offers producers crop protection, seed, seed treatments, fertilizer and custom application services that assist producers in maximizing the full potential of their operation.
This internship is designed to develop agronomic skills and become versed in crop scouting techniques. Candidate will perform crop scouting duties and also learn the basics procedures about providing crop input recommendations.
· Perform stand counts and document field observations.
· Perform weed, disease and insect identification.
· Perform irrigation scheduling and recommendations.
· Perform soil and plant tissue sampling.
- Operate fork lifts, scales, pumps, and all other equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Load/unload deliveries/shipments.
- Assemble and install seed plot and field signs.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining warehouse, grounds, and equipment.
General agronomic knowledge through school course work or prior scouting experience.
Knowledge of general farm production practices.
· Ability to adapt to different work environments.
· Ability to demonstrate a team player attitude.
· Ability to work long hours during peak periods.
· Demonstrate basic math skills.
· Ability to lift 75 pounds.
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· The capacity to work independently.
Candidates pursuing a four-year or two-year agricultural major.
Candidates must have a good driving record.