To conduct one-on-one and semi-private group training sessions with clients of Noonan Sport Specialists. This includes creation, implementation, and ensured growth and development of structured training templates, training philosophy, and Noonan Sport Specialists as a business. Must have completed a 2 year associates degree or a 4 year bachelors degree.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR DUTIES
– Conduct longer and shorter semi-private training sessions with NSS clientele as assigned by NSS managers.
– Conduct Team Training opportunities for NSS clientele as assigned by NSS managers.
– Properly demonstrate and coach exercises and protocols to clients, as well as understand proper progressions and regressions of these.
– Promote safe set-up and techniques of exercises, along with demonstrating proper spotting ability.
– Explain the effects of exercises to clientele.
– Understand and promote proper and safe clientele goal-setting and fulfillment.
– Be punctual for training sessions, meetings, etc.
– Actively promote NSS training services, the NSS facility and the NSS family.
– Work within the parameters of NSS contracts and subcontracts.
– Give nutritional guidance within scope of practice.
– Actively pursue appropriate knowledge pertaining to coaching of clientele of all abilities and interests.
– Attend staff meetings as scheduled, along with providing input and decision-making within job parameters.
– Understand and utilize NSS record-keeping methods.
– Conduct self in a professional manner at all times while representing the NSS name.
-Abide by all current COVID-19 precautions as directed by NSS.
PERIODIC FUNCTIONS / MINOR DUTIES
– Educate clientele about facility layout, equipment, and regulations.
– Maintain communication with clientele about training programs and other items offered at NSS.
– Assist with viral communications to clientele via NSS blog, website, and social media.
– Attend continuing education conferences and in-house seminars.
– Ensure that the exercise equipment is in good condition.
– Maximize non-coaching time with education, programming, cleaning, or other value-added activities.
– Conduct group athlete coaching as necessary and assigned by NSS managers.
– Daily cleaning, maintenance and organization of NSS facility.
– Answer NSS phone, along with recording and relaying messages.
– Reply to emails in a timely manner.
– Be an appropriate and active participant in the social media of NSS.
– Fulfill timely, proper and complete opening and closing procedures of NSS facility.
– Promptly bring up any issues or concerns with NSS managers and actively pursue a reasonable settling for all parties involved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Possess the ability to work well with a team in a fast-moving, energetic environment.
– Possess a drive to continue to improve as a professional through continuing education, conferences, seminars, discussions with others in the field, etc.
– Possess the ability to communicate effectively with clients in regards to technique, motivation, scheduling, invoicing, payments, etc.
– Possess the ability to work well with people, motivate people, and have a good or great day.
– Hold, or be in pursuit of, a pertinent personal training certification(s) from a reputable organization, including maintaining these certifications with the required continuing education.
– Be CPR/First Aid-certified, and possesses the ability to respond to emergency situations.
– Possess a basic knowledge of nutrition.
– Possess knowledge of exercise physiology.
– Possess knowledge of appropriate program design and implementation, along with the ability to communicate this knowledge.