Please apply on our external website: https://jobs.nexteraenergy.com/job/Juno-Beach-Summer-College-Intern-Tax-Strategic-Initiatives-%281%29-FL-33408/672097100/
Position Specific Description
We are currently seeking a Tax Intern to join the Tax Strategic Initiatives team. Working under the direction of the Tax Project Manager, this position will have several key responsibilities, including: (1) researching, memo drafting and analyzing strategic initiatives, such as change in accounting methods and other tax credits/incentives, (2) preparing federal income tax returns, and (3) working closely with Information Management to continue streamlining processes related to tax return calculations and initiatives. This position will help ensure that NextEra Energy, Inc. remains “Best in Class” with regard to the quality and efficiency of our income tax process.
The successful candidate will work closely with multiple teams within the organization in order to gather data to perform analytics. Candidate will prepare related federal tax returns for the consolidated group. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting with implementation of process improvements.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Have applicable course of study as it relates to job requirements
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student
- Well-developed technical skills with an ability to identify and document both issues and proposed resolutions
- Proficient oral and written business communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing workload
- Ability to perform data analysis and utilize analysis to make tax technical and business decisions
- Strong computer skills with a focus on both analytical and research tools
- Desire to seek new and challenging tasks – self-starter mentality
- Sophomore to Junior year students preferred
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher