Apply externally: https://jobs.nexteraenergy.com/job/Houston-Summer-College-Intern-Gexa-%28UX-Designer%29-TX-77070/680659700/
Position Specific Description
This intern position is responsible for leading a website/digital project supporting one of NextEra Energy’s retail brands. As part of our Digital Customer Experience team, you will support our strategy by working in a team environment to help deliver seamless user experiences across both desktop and mobile. With this team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment with passionate leadership and the ability to make an impact enterprise-wide.
You will be responsible for supporting a project to successful completion. Duties include project management, user experience design, research, and testing. You will be expected to work both autonomously, with supervision, and interactively with other team members, demonstrating a commitment toward shared goals and a willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to perform writing for status updates and presentations.
- An understanding of project management and user experience design.
- Strong passion for digital experiences and technology.
- Interest in understanding web analytics.
- Good writing, verbal and overall communication skills.
- Talent for creative thinking and problem solving.
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher