The Coach provides leadership and expertise regarding the rules, strategies, and techniques for the assigned activity, utilizing knowledge of the specific equipment and events, physical fitness and safety to prepare participants mentally and physically to compete at the highest level. Job responsibilities may include but not limited to:
· Prepare successful practice and performance plans while encouraging student participation, establishing team rapport and motivating participants to achieve maximum potential.
· Be an example of sportsmanship
· Maintain equipment and inventory of all equipment including uniforms.
· Supervise all areas of participation including but not limited to: gyms, fields, locker rooms, buses, etc.
· Work collaboratively with staff, Activities Director, families, and community resources.
· Maintains compliance with all rules and regulations of the MSHSL.
· Complies with and supports all school district regulations and policies in addition to completion of mandatory training including but not limited to Blood Borne Pathogen and Mandatory Reporting.
Previous participation and/or coaching experience in Hockey is preferred.
Dependent upon C-13 classification pay scale; Starting wage is $3,445.00
Winter Sports Season
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
1. Go to the school website at www.newulm.k12.mn.us
2. Click on the District box at top of the page
3. Click on the Employment tab on the right hand side
4. Complete the page with your information, click next and submit.
Please contact New Ulm Public Schools Administrative offices at 507-233-6180.
To view all current job opening within New Ulm Public Schools (including coaching opportunities, please go to https://www.applitrack.com/newulm/onlineapp/
The school district shall require that applicants for school district positions, who receive an offer of employment, submit to a criminal history background check at an expense to the applicant. All final offers of employment are contingent upon background check results.
The employer reserves the right to make assignments of employees to particular buildings. New Ulm ISD is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status .
New Ulm Public Schools is a regional center of educational excellence. Our vision is to be a leader in education through engaging and innovative programs and support structures. Our schools and staff provide challenging and engaging academic programs for all students. Student success in academics, fine arts and athletics are reasons students and families come to New Ulm.
We are redefining education in New Ulm. We offer an early learning center for preschool and kindergarten students, including a community education center. This center includes many outdoor and indoor active learning spaces. Jefferson Elementary provides programming for grades 1-4, focusing on small group instruction, responsive classroom, STEM opportunities and core curriculum. We offer a middle school structure and environment for grades 5-8, focused on advisory, exploratory and experiential learning opportunities. Our new high school building is for grades 9-12, offering college, vocational and work ready courses. We have many opportunities for fine arts and athletics for all students.
For more information on New Ulm Public Schools and the city of New Ulm,
please visit the following resources:
New Ulm Public Schools: www.newulm.k12.mn.us
City of New Ulm: http://www.ci.new-ulm.mn.us
New Ulm Chamber of Commerce: http://www.newulm.com/
Careers in New Ulm video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32wGisMkWI