To receive training in the overall operations and management of NEW Cooperative locations. Responsible for promoting and providing products and services, which will ensure profitable farming operations and satisfy member needs while enhancing the cooperative’s goals and objectives. As an Operations Intern you will gain experience by
assisting in the following:
• Communicate with local farmers and customers
• Daily operations of the location.
• Equipment operations including custom application of fertilizer and pesticides and the hauling of grain.
• Equipment maintenance and record keeping.
• Receiving and managing the quality of grain plus settling grain on a timely basis.
• Maintain communication with supervisor concerning grain quality checks and available inventory.
• Accurate billing of products sold and services provided.
• Attaining the sales and budget goals of the location.
• Developing competitive marketing strategies.
• Solicit new business and responsible for maintaining a positive image of NEW Cooperative within the community.
• Preparing budgets for fixed asset and rolling stock needed at the location.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive.