Netsmart is healthcare’s largest human services and integrated care technology provider. Netsmart technology platforms and expertise are integral to the delivery of outcomes-based services and care to more than 25 million persons nationwide. Netsmart serves more than 500,000 users in more than 24,000 organizations across all 50 states. Netsmart client communities include behavioral health, addiction treatment, intellectual and developmental disabilities, child and family services, public health, home health, hospice and palliative care, private duty and vital records.We became the industry leader through the creation of cutting edge software solutions to meet our client’s needs. This level of creation and product evolution is only made possible by assembling a team of the best and the brightest technical talent in the industry. Do you have what it takes to join us on this journey?
Internship Program Overview:
At Netsmart our internship program is called our “FUTURES Program” because we truly believe that you are our FUTURE. This program will be a 10 week program based at the Netsmart Solutionarium in Overland Park, Kansas. The FUTURES Program includes a balance between on the job learning, hands on client based work, professional development opportunities, leadership exposure and several social/networking events throughout the summer. If you aren’t local to the Kansas City metro are we will have housing options for you available (certain criteria will have to be met in order to qualify for housing).
FUTURES experience what makes growing a career at Netsmart special….building relationships, understanding the industry, in depth exposure to life changing technologies and connecting with a cause all in an environment that breeds creativity and collaboration.
Account Management FUTURE Position Overview
- Work with the leadership of the Sales organization to perform market research in Netsmart’s key communities
- Research existing Netsmart clients and prospects to complete a full set of market data
- Report on trends identified from market research
- Work with the Sales organization’s leadership to propose changes to strategy based on the identified trends
- Participate in Sales organization events and client meetings to learn about Netsmart’s key markets including
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Behavioral Health
- Social Services
- Addiction Treatment
- Senior Living
- Care at Home
Professional Skills Development:
- Opportunity Shaping/Opportunity Creation
- Lead Generation
- Negotiate to Close
- Proposal Development
- Software Opportunity Qualification
- Value Proposition Development
- Software Presentation
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrates achievement in academics, internships, co-ops, or other work experience
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, HIT, MIS or relevant field is preferred
Netsmart provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Netsmart will be based on performance, qualifications, abilities, education and experience. Netsmart does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Netsmart complies with any applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.