Our Vision: We make dreams possible.
Yes, we’re a student loan servicer. We’re also a technology company, idea incubator, start-up accelerator, and K-12 and higher education expert. At Nelnet, we’re so much more than what you think—and we’re just getting started. So, no matter what you want to do in life—build codes or build brands—we’re the best place to do it.
Join Nelnet as an intern and do real work that matters to our business. All Nelnet interns receive one-on-one mentorship, competitive pay, casual dress, flexible schedule, intern-specific programming, and meaningful work experience.
Nelnet Business Services (NBS) is seeking a Finance/Accounting/Quality Control & Compliance (FAQ) intern. This student filling this position will handle a wide range of audit, compliance, financial, accounting, and system related tasks- Perform reviews, duties, and projects in support of audit and compliance controls.
- Perform duties in support of NBS 1099K reporting requirements.
- Complete special projects as assigned by management including, but not limited to ACH Return Rates, Initial School Reviews, departmental statistics.
- Provide backup as directed by supervisor and other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION: Working towards a degree in Business, Law, Information Technology, Accounting or Finance.
EXPERIENCE: Relevant work experience in Finance or Accounting departments
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail.
- PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Ability to follow directions and willingness to learn new processes.
- Knowledge of accounting practice and procedures.
- Energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
- Good work ethic and habits.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.