The IT Business Analyst Intern formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable product, business systems and industry requirements. They’ll review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs, while executing changes needed to respond to requirements. They’ll define and document detailed business requirements.
We are seeking someone to start next semester (Spring 2021) working part-time (15-20 hours/week). There may be an opportunity to extend the internship through Summer 2021, working full-time (40 hours/week).
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates customer needs.
- Collaborates with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision
- Elicits details from product owners, stakeholders, and team members to better understand user requirements
- Creates scope and business requirements documentation
- Documents and provides updates to business requirements (scope changes) throughout the project life cycle
- Conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted
- Creates project documentation to provide direction to developers and/or the project team
- Collaborates with Product Manager, Product Owner and development team
- Provide level one and level two support analysis for the product.
- May participate in quality assurance and user acceptance testing
- Participate in standup meetings, sprints, and take on projects related to the team’s goal
- Attend intern professional, personal, and social development events
Pursuing degree in an IT-related field including software development, computer science, or other related major.
- General knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), computer information systems, and Agile approach
- Knowledge of computers: preferably Microsoft packages
- Experience solving complex problems and working through challenging requirements
- Experience with writing business requirements
- Knowledge of the Payments Industry
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and project management skills
- Passionate about collaborating with teammates and customers
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and enjoys helping others
- Shares new ideas, is creative and passionate about innovation
- Detail oriented and cares about creating an exceptional user experience
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment and understands on time/within-budget principles.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.