Position Available: Nebraska Junior Golf Assistant
About Nebraska Junior Golf – The Nebraska Section PGA and the Nebraska Golf Association joined forces in 2009 to bring young golfers the state’s premier junior golf organization – the Nebraska Junior Golf Tour. The NJGT transitioned to Nebraska Junior Golf in 2018 and annually offers nearly 80 competitive golf events for junior golfers beginning at the age of seven continuing through the summer following graduation from high school. The series of competitions includes tournaments for every level of golfer including TEAM GOLF for the beginning golfer and premier tournaments for the more accomplished player.
About the Nebraska Section PGA – The Nebraska Section PGA is a non-for-profit organization comprised of approximately 240 PGA Members and 37 Apprentices who strive to promote the enjoyment and growth of the game of golf. The Nebraska Section PGA encompasses the entire State of Nebraska, western fifth of Iowa and a small portion of South Dakota including Dakota Dunes and Yankton. The Section office is located in Lincoln, NE and acts as a resource for local and national golf information for the golf professional and amateur player alike. Our members are often referred to as “Club Professionals”, not to be mistaken as PGA Tour Professionals. The Nebraska PGA exists to promote the enjoyment and involvement in the game of golf within the Section, and to contribute to its growth by providing services to golf professionals and the golf industry.
Job summary – Candidates should have skills in conducting junior programs and tournaments, be proficient with business and golf related computer applications, have strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication abilities. Possess the ability to market and promote NJG to increase membership and tournament participation; and above all, have a passion for junior golf.
As the Nebraska Junior Golf Assistant, you will spend approximately 80% of your time working with Nebraska Junior Golf and will spend approximately 20% assisting the Nebraska Section PGA with PGA Professional Tournaments, Section Administration and various other duties as assigned. As the Nebraska Junior Golf Assistant, you are responsible to:
- Process junior tour membership and tournament applications/entries
- Tournament preparation (create/post tee times, communicate with golf courses and participants, posting results, update player of the year points)
- Respond to email and telephone calls from parents, juniors and golf professionals
- Run on-site tournament operations (TEAM GOLF, NJG Tour, PGA Jr. League, Junior PGA Championship, NGA Junior Championships)
- Coordinate NJG Tour Site Directors conducting regular NJG Tour events
- Maintain updated communication with consumers through NJG website and social media channels
- At the direction of the Junior Golf Director, the Junior Golf Committee and Board of Directors of either the Nebraska Golf Association or Nebraska Section PGA, perform other duties in keeping with the nature of the position and operation of NJG.
While serving as the NJG Assistant for the Nebraska Section PGA, you will be responsible for tournament operations on and off-site with the Tournament Director as well as implementation of programming such as YMCA Sports Academy, PGA REACH Nebraska (Foundation) Programming and other duties as assigned by the Nebraska Section PGA or PGA REACH Nebraska staff, board and committees.
By the end of the internship, this team member will learn tactics and information on junior golf, tournament operations, customer service, player development and much more which will help them in their golf careers regardless of which field within golf industry they choose. They will also be exposed to numerous networking opportunities with professionals within the section.
Position qualifications include:
· Proficient in web based social media applications
· Positive and pleasing personality with a focus on juniors, families and tour membership relations
· Computer proficiency; knowledge of Microsoft programs and willing to learn Golf Genius, Section Management Systems, Blue Golf and any other tournament software
· Ensure tournaments are conducted in accordance with the highest standards possible
· Ability to travel and work occasional weekends
· Must be dependable and punctual
· General Knowledge of the Rules of Golf and how to apply accordingly
· Experience conducting player development programs
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· High moral character that can serve as role model for kids
Responsibilities- Included but not limited to the following:
· Report to Junior Golf Director as well as staff for both associations regarding all parameters
· Work within the parameters set by the PGA of America, Section Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Section & Association staff and Executive Director/CEO
· Assist with administration for all junior golf activities for NJG, Nebraska PGA & Nebraska Golf Association
· Responsible for managing, maintaining and functioning within assigned budgets
· Maintain working relationships with event sponsors and partners to ensure satisfaction
· Implement all required policies and procedures
· Process entries, entry fees and distributing supplies to site directors
· Work with media and staff to promote NJG and monitor content and form of media announcements
· Assist with sponsorships and maintain sponsor relations
· Assist Junior Golf Director and NJG Stakeholders in the overall preparation and distribution of NJG publications and newsletters
· Assist with player development programming in the Nebraska Section PGA
o Including Drive, Chip & Putt Qualifiers
· Performs other tasks as assigned by Junior Golf Director and both association’s staff
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee is: frequently required to stand, walk, sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position must be able to travel for extended periods of time in various modes of transportation.
– The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to focus.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits:
Wage: $10.50 per hour – Paid bi-monthly on the 7th and 22nd of each month
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week with occasional overtime available
Length of Employment: Full Time employment is May 10th – August 13th, 2021
- May be asked to attend training sessions prior to May 10th. Will be compensated for this time.
Vacation: Schedule is flexible. Time-off requests must be made to Junior Golf Director two weeks in advance.
Clothing allowance: Nebraska PGA & NJG clothing will be provided
Golf playing benefits: $300 gift card to Wilderness Ridge GC
Meals: All meals paid for at events
Kurt Karcher, PGA
Director of Nebraska Junior Golf
Nebraska PGA & Nebraska Junior Golf
**Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to Kurt Karcher, PGA at email@example.com