The Nebraska Golf Association offers this internship opportunity for qualified individuals interested in golf administration, with a particular focus in communications. The intern will provide assistance to the NGA Staff, Board of Directors, and Committee Members in the day-to-day operations of association activities, with a focus on NGA digital communication efforts and social media.
The NGA Intern will work both in the association office and on site at association Championships/Events.
· Intern will be responsible for capturing championship photography and video content.
· Intern will produce daily social media video segments from NGA championships/events.
· Intern will provide content and produce weekly NebGolf Podcast.
· Intern will assist with NGA media relations and media areas at championships.
· Intern will be responsible for production of behind-the-scenes video stories from championships and other special projects.
· Intern will assist with all NGA social media efforts and digital communications.
· Intern will assist in preparation of the NGA’s digital magazine – Nebraska Golfer.
· Preferred area of study or background in media production, broadcasting, journalism, or communications.
· Excellent writing and editing skills, and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Experience in front of camera and conducting interviews.
· Experience using video equipment, taking photos, editing and producing video.
· Experience using Premiere, Photoshop and other Adobe products is preferred.
· Golf background or strong interest in golf is a plus.
· This is a salaried position paying $1,800 per month (gross).
· Intern will be supplied with a NGA uniform and will be reimbursed according to the NGA Reimbursement Policy for any mileage, meals, and lodging (if necessary) when conducting NGA business.
· The NGA observes Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day as paid holidays.
· As this is a temporary salaried position, no paid sick leave or vacation leave is accrued.
· Any leave that is taken must be pre-approved by the Executive Director and will be considered leave without pay.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
· This internship will begin in mid-May and conclude in mid-August; exact start and end dates are flexible.
· NGA Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Intern is expected to work during normal business hours for the duration of the internship. Work at tournaments will require longer hours and will involve some weekends. Some flexibility is permitted with the number of hours worked per day and days worked per week, not to exceed 40 hours per week.
· Unacceptable performance of the above mentioned duties and/or lack of adherence to the outlined terms/conditions could be considered grounds for termination of the internship. Termination requires NGA Board review/approval.
Wednesday, March 31, 2021