Are you or is someone you know passionate about social justice work in Nebraska? Looking for hands-on experience working in nonprofit?
Nebraska Appleseed is seeking applications for our Internship Program for Spring 2021 semester!
Applications will be accepted from November 16th at 9 am CST until Monday, November 30th at 9 am CST.
Please note: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, our Internship Program will be fully remote. We are hopeful that continuing this way will not only keep our communities healthy and will also allow students outside of Lincoln/Omaha to join our team.
Nebraska Appleseed interns have the chance to work on public interest issues in the areas of research, advocacy, community outreach, and other critical organizational projects.
Nebraska Appleseed is dedicated to improving the lives of all Nebrakans through public policy, community support and education, and grassroots organizing efforts. We do this with the help of our dedicated interns.
Nebraska Appleseed interns work to:
- Help implement Medicaid expansion in Nebraska
- Advance compassionate policy and laws for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Temporary Protected Status (TPS) residents, and our immigrant communities.
- Address food insecurity and promoting food assistance programs
- Educate Nebraskans on the importance of democracy, civic engagement, and voting
- Interns work on cutting edge policy and research work in the areas of Child Welfare, Economic Justice, Health Care Access, and Immigrants and Communities
- Interns are able to work flexible hours; however, it is expected that interns work with their manager to establish a predictable schedule
- Interns may be able to use their experience for college or university credit
- Internships are unpaid
Internship positions are also available in our administrative team, where individuals learn about the specifics in the area of nonprofit management such as fundraising, expenditure management, managing office logistics, and more.
Nebraska Appleseed is a nonprofit organization that fights for justice and opportunity for all Nebraskans. Nebraska Appleseed takes a systems based approach to address complex issues in the areas of child welfare, economic justice, health care access, and immigrants and communities. Learn more about Nebraska Appleseed.
Thank you for considering this opportunity. Please let me know if I can help answer any questions.
If you’re interested in receiving more information on Appleseed, sign up for our newsletters!