Company Description: Instinct® is a rapidly growing, family owned marketer and manufacturer of natural pet foods for dogs and cats. Instinct® is the Raw Brand, with a mission to get more raw nutrition into every bowl of dogs and cats for proven healthier and happier long life. Our company mission is to Empower people to transform the lives of pets. We are committed to hiring and developing a team of passionate, performance-oriented professionals who love to win and make a positive difference.
Position Summary: This pet passionate individual will help drive Instinct® market share and sales through the support and execution of compelling shopper marketing and retailer training campaigns for Pet Superstores and International e-commerce. This individual possesses strong analytic, creative and collaborative skills to support Retail Marketing and the retail customers’ needs to understand their business and support driving Instinct sales in their stores.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Support product launch initiatives with planning, tactics, execution and KPI tracking for in-store sales driving and training activations
• Administration and content creation for online and in-store retailer associate training programs
• Creation and development of POG’s (plan-o-gram) for various retail environments
• Use syndicated data to understand retailer and category insights that inform the development of in store and omni-channel activation tactics for the sales team
• Own and optimize data integrity and the brand experience on B&M retailer eCommerce sites, including specialized support for International e-commerce brand partners
• Tracking, administration and reporting of pricing policy compliance
• Own creation and continual updates and socialization of competitive landscape database
• Support creation of shopper marketing tactics, programs and POS that precisely meets customer standards
• Collaborate closely with Sales Key Account Teams to ensure perfect service to our customers on marketing initiatives
• Support creation and reporting of tracking metrics and KPI measurements for key deliverables
• Key administrative projects as needed
• High-energy go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail, particularly in written and verbal communication
• Creative and outside the box thinker
• Ability to manage budgets and projects on time and through completion
• Not afraid to dig in and take on a variety of tasks independently
• Knowledge of or aptitude for learning about basic animal nutrition
• Basic design skills with knowledge of Adobe Suite
• Digital/social media savvy
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years retail, sales or marketing experience in brand/communications
• Familiarity with Premiere or video editing
• Familiarity with major International eCommerce platforms and ways of working, especially the various Alibaba platforms and Amazon.com
• 25% travel (when scientifically safe to do so in COVID environment) Periodic travel to attend customer meetings across US and Canada as needed
• Light International travel to attend major industry tradeshows annually in China and biannually in Germany
Compensation: Competitive compensation package includes health & dental insurance, life & AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts, PTO, short and long-term disability, Purpose days off for company partner volunteer opportunities, and 401k with company match.
Our Instinct is to CHAMPION Diversity
At Instinct, we are as passionate about our people as we are about the pets we call family. We are committed to inclusion, empowerment, and respect. We believe that just like our pets, what sets us apart unleashes our greatest strengths. We thrive on the ability to not only empower people to transform the lives of pets through raw nutrition, but also to empower each other to inspire a culture that celebrates our differences. Our unique approach to pet food is what makes us who we are as a company, and our individual identities are what makes us a successful, innovative, authentic team.