Company Description: Instinct® is a rapidly growing, family owned marketer and manufacturer of natural pet foods for dogs and cats. Instinct® is the Raw Brand, with a mission to get more raw nutrition into every bowl of dogs and cats, for proven healthier and happier long life. Our company mission is to Empower people to transform the lives of pets. We are committed to hiring and developing a team of passionate, performance-oriented professionals who love to win and make a positive difference.
Reporting to the Creative Manager, this individual will help manage and design multiple marketing projects—maintaining our brand look and communications across multiple projects. Collaborating daily with various stakeholders—the digital & video designer will be integral to impact our digital presence.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Creative responsibility for developing concepts tailored for digital display, email, website, and social media for Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Design assets for ecommerce including brand shops, banners, digital ads/circulars, extended content, and A+ content for Amazon, Chewy, PetSmart, Petco and other online retailers
- Edit existing video assets and create dynamic visual assets such as animations, gifs, infographics, and short videos for digital ads and social content
- Manages, concepts, and designs for all digital requests by reviewing project briefs, obtaining missing information, designing to meet brand standards and the project needs, reviewing art with multiple stakeholders, and managing project completion under strict deadlines
- Work with a project management software to review incoming requests, send out project status updates, post artwork up for review, and execute projects accordingly
- Maintain expert level knowledge of creative brand standards, champion the value of the brand to all stakeholders, and ensure the brief has been met while maintaining the brand aesthetic/standards.
- Takes direction from various stakeholders, including Creative Manager, Brand Managers, IMC, and ecomm team and work collaboratively to integrate feedback into all creative projects
- You have a strong sense of aesthetic. You have a point of view on imagery, copy and design while naturally taking into consideration other points of view
- You are a maker at heart & you lead a project from conception to execution. You work to stay current with technology and trends as well as seek opportunities to improve art/design or video skills
- You’re an advocate for the brand. You’re passionate about growing and creating for a challenger brand in the pet category
- Excellent grasp of great design and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping in mind company objectives and strategic goals
- You’re a project manager with a bias towards action even if many tasks take you away from design
- You’re a good communicator and influencer. You’re patient and can explain complex brand/design in a simple and approachable way
- You’re adaptable and flexible—frequent shifts in direction don’t cause stress and is simply part of the everyday process. You’re okay if decisions don’t go your way if it’s better for the business
- You’re resourceful and can work with very little direction to find your own answers and solutions from various stakeholders, cross-functionally.
- A portfolio or a link to recent work is required for this position. Digital, social and video examples preferred. Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be reviewed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design or related field
- 4+ years of design experience in marketing, in-house creative, or agency setting preferred
- Required: Highly proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Preferred: Proficient in video editing in After Effects, Adobe Premier
- Knowledge of digital marketing and digital design including social, organic, and paid advertising, digital file generation, and digital marketing best practices
- Familiarity with mobile and desktop design and development
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
Travel Requirements: Requires travel up to 5% of the time.
Compensation: Competitive compensation package includes health & dental insurance, life & AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts, PTO, short and long-term disability, Purpose days off for company partner volunteer opportunities, and 401k with company match.
Our Instinct is to CHAMPION Diversity
At Instinct, we are as passionate about our people as we are about the pets we call family. We are committed to inclusion, empowerment, and respect. We believe that just like our pets, what sets us apart unleashes our greatest strengths. We thrive on the ability to not only empower people to transform the lives of pets through raw nutrition, but also to empower each other to inspire a culture that celebrates our differences. Our unique approach to pet food is what makes us who we are as a company, and our individual identities are what makes us a successful, innovative, authentic team.