Company Description: Instinct® is a rapidly growing, family owned marketer and manufacturer of natural pet foods for dogs and cats. Instinct® is the Raw Brand, with a mission to get more raw nutrition into every bowl of dogs and cats, for a proven healthier and happier long life. Our company mission is to Empower people to transform the lives of pets. We are committed to hiring and developing a team of passionate, performance-oriented professionals who love to win and make a positive difference.
Position Summary: The Associate Key Account Manager supports strategies, relationships, and processes that drive sales, share and margin for Instinct at PetSmart – a national Pet Specialty Superstore retailer. This person will support the day-to-day customer partnership and work closely with a variety of internal and customer-based cross-functional teams to deliver excellence in execution with PetSmart to meet our mutual growth goals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Analyze & report market and organizational data; translate into recommendations for actionable strategies that drive sales, share and margin.
• Provide supporting inputs for annual planning and joint business planning (JBP) cycles.
• Support daily account interactions (buyers, merchants, cross-functional teams for daily operations); participate in key customer meetings and prioritize, identify, and resolve daily customer issues.
• Enable and drive excellence in execution, leveraging close collaboration with internal and external partners, detailed account and project management, and consistent and clear communication
• Partner closely with Retail Marketing to support customer engagement toward aligned 6P brand activation strategies and marketing tactics.
• Collaborate with field training leadership to align on key metrics and KPIs to support strong execution at retail and to foster brand awareness and advocacy at the store level.
• Own customer support; manage customer operations, including order fulfillment, fill rate, order cycles, and distributor coordination.
• Benchmark and assess Instinct and competitive retail execution through qualitative and quantitative data points.
• Key administrative projects as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
• 2-3 years related work experience (CPG sales, account, or category management experience)
• Ability to understand Customer P&L / business levers to drive towards KPIs
• Ability to manage budgets and projects on time and through completion
• Ability to balance Customer, Consumer, and Brand perspectives at the same time
• Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide coaching / feedback
• Well organized, with a passion for detail
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively adapt communication to all levels – from management to in-store partners
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence in a high paced environment.
• Strong analytical skills, using data to make sound recommendations affecting business decisions and results. Ability to identify opportunities and connect all data points.
• Resourceful mindset and driven by new challenges.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to customer meetings and industry events under ‘normal’ circumstances (if based in St Louis).
Preferred Skills and Experience
• 4-year Bachelor’s Degree
• Management of national retailer
• Category Management (Pricing, Assortment, and Market Share Analysis)
Compensation: Competitive compensation package includes health & dental insurance, life & AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts, PTO, short and long-term disability, Purpose days off for company partner volunteer opportunities, and 401k with company match.
Our Instinct is to CHAMPION Diversity
At Instinct, we are as passionate about our people as we are about the pets we call family. We are committed to inclusion, empowerment, and respect. We believe that just like our pets, what sets us apart unleashes our greatest strengths. We thrive on the ability to not only empower people to transform the lives of pets through raw nutrition, but also to empower each other to inspire a culture that celebrates our differences. Our unique approach to pet food is what makes us who we are as a company, and our individual identities are what makes us a successful, innovative, authentic team.