National Securities Junior Financial Advisor
Boasting independence, ingenuity, and integrity, National Securities Corporation is one of the largest and fastest-growing independent broker-dealers in the Country. We are looking to partner with qualified, high-performing individuals that thrive on sales.
At National, we pride ourselves on one simple principal: superior customer service. We are currently looking for a high quality individual to fill the Junior Financial Advisor position on a top producing team, within our Chicago or Oakbrook Terrace branches.
The ideal candidate will have a finance background or interest in finance, attention to detail and organization skills, ability to work well under tight deadlines, and manage priorities and multiple tasks effectively. A well-qualified candidate will be a self-starter who can demonstrate the ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively in a dynamic team environment. The Junior FA will obtain their SIE, Series 7 & 63 certifications. The position is a full time opportunity, and reports directly to one of our Managing Directors or Senior Vice Presidents.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum of 2+ years professional sales experience preferred
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), time management and organizational skills required
- Perfected the skill of multi-tasking
- Experience with Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint, with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong follow-up skills
- Skilled at basic mathematics; percentages, formulas, data analytics, etc.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Highest level of integrity/honesty/loyalty
- Willingness and interest to work in a tight-knit group. A team player.
- Ability to work with outside service providers and clients/ability to communicate well verbally, articulate
- Self-motivated, a self-starter and the capability to work both independently and collaborate with a team
- Strong sense of ownership/responsibility
- Required to obtain FINRA licensing within first 3 months of training
- Basic knowledge of investment and banking products, policies & procedures is preferred
- Heavy emphasis on sales and prospecting for clients
- Heavy emphasis on cold calling potential clients
- Assist with planning client/prospect events
- Schedule client appointments and prepare agendas/ forms for appointments
- Conduct client appointment reminder calls and check-in calls on follow up items
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s)
$30,000 salary + bonus opportunities