A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. The NPR audience values information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – and our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day, our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide and that includes our interns.
From day one, interns at NPR are given real-world, hands-on responsibilities. Working alongside top professionals in the field, interns do meaningful work across a variety of departments at NPR.
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR’s Winter/Spring 2021 Internship Program will be fully remote.
Program Duration: January 11 – April 16, 2021
As the corporate sponsorship subsidiary for NPR and regional offerings on public media stations, National Public Media (NPM) works with brands and advertising agencies to generate financial support for the public broadcasting system, develop innovative sponsorship opportunities and deliver strong results for sponsors. NPM’s Marketing team manages strategic communications, brings visibility to public media sponsorship opportunities in a dynamic and demanding media environment and provides strategy and support to the sponsorship sales teams. The Sponsorship Marketing Intern will gain experience in B2B marketing by providing support in communications, material development across NPR programming, paid marketing campaigns and marketing operations.
- Contribute to corporate communications initiatives including the bi-weekly NPM staff newsletter
- Assist in development of content marketing materials including marketing emails, blog posts and targeted outreach to event prospects and sponsors
- Support promotion of sponsorship opportunities for product and program launches, such as new NPR Podcasts, NPR Music, event and editorial series
- Support development and maintenance of a full suite of marketing materials to ensure the most up-to-date resources are available to the NPM sales team in digital materials library
- Assist in press outreach – compiling press lists, tracking clips – and the development of social postings through LinkedIn
- Support content development, design and analytics for NationalPublicMedia.com
- Collect and analyze audience and industry research
- Support Marketing team in administrative duties as assigned
WHO CAN APPLY?
- LOCATION: Must be planning to work from the United States and authorized to work in the United States throughout the Winter/Spring 2021 internship dates.
- EDUCATION: Must be a current student in an accredited degree program or a recent graduate of no more than 12 months from the month of the start of the internship.
- An aptitude for learning and a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail in all projects and assignments
- Ability to efficiently think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional interest in the advertising and marketing industry
- Positive attitude and willingness to jump in when and where needed
- Curiosity. A desire to engage in brainstorms, beta-test ideas, and learn new things
Applications close on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 5pm ET.
This internship is 100% remote. Must be located in California, Washington, D.C., Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, or Virginia.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Don’t forget to follow our Interns on Instagram for some behind the scenes action! Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.