A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. The NPR audience values information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – and our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day, our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide and that includes our interns.
From day one, interns at NPR are given real-world, hands-on responsibilities. Working alongside top professionals in the field, interns do meaningful work across a variety of departments at NPR.
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR’s Winter/Spring 2021 Internship Program will be fully remote.
Program Duration: January 11 – April 16, 2021
The Digital Advertising Operations Sales Planning Intern will work to support Corporate Sponsorship for NPR. The department works directly with NPR’s sales, marketing, and design teams to create and implement digital sponsorship campaigns to promote and generate sponsorship for NPR’s top-quality digital programming including, but not limited to: NPR.org, NPROne, TED Radio Hour, Planet Money, How I Built This, Invisibilia, etc.
- Assist in creating proposals in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) including gathering marketing screenshots, checking inventory availability, etc.
- Generate orders within NPM’s and agency order management systems
- Analyze digital inventory to understand internal sales trends
- Support departmental initiatives and projects to improve internal processes
- Communicate with internal departments (marketing, sales), and external sponsors
WHO CAN APPLY?
- LOCATION: Must be planning to work from the United States and authorized to work in the United States throughout the Winter/Spring 2021 internship dates.
- EDUCATION: Must be a current student in an accredited degree program or a recent graduate of no more than 12 months from the month of the start of the internship.
- The ideal candidate will have strong data analytical skills, project management experience, and exude both creativity and independent initiative.
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Must have experience and be proficient in Excel and comfortable working with math and formulas
- Must have attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a larger team, and possess excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Experience in ad-serving platforms such as DoubleClick for Publishers or Operative1 a plus
- Enthusiasm for public media, its mission and its programs
Applications close on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 5pm ET.
This internship is 100% remote. Must be located in California, Washington, D.C., Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, or Virginia.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Don’t forget to follow our Interns on Instagram for some behind the scenes action! Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.