Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do you study the most recent marketing trends? Do your friends look to you on for the latest trends, ideas, and online memes? Are you excited to get an article placed in traditional media sources? Then the National Postdoctoral Association is the place for you! The National Postdoctoral Association is the representative nonprofit that supports and advocates on behalf of the 80,000+ postdocs within the United States. A postdoc is defined as an individual holding a doctoral degree who is engaged in a temporary period of mentored research and/or scholarly training for the purpose of acquiring the professional skills needed to pursue a career path of his or her choosing.
The key characteristic of a postdoc position is that it is a temporary career-building step on the path to a more permanent position. The NPA provides support to the postdoctoral community through resources, toolkits, professional development and networking opportunities.
Details: The start and end dates for this position are negotiable. You are expected to work 5-10 hours a week. This position may be done virtually. Must have own laptop available. There is no compensation available for this position.
SKILLS YOU WILL DEVELOP
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
- Writing press releases and other materials
- Creating interview preparation materials
- Compiling contact lists
- Searching for press clippings
- Creating and updating databases
- Executing email marketing campaigns
- Tracking social media analytics using various software, and report results and new ideas to our leadership team.
- Creating compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Creative feedback and viral loops between Facebook, Twitter, and blog accounts
- Assisting the Marketing Manager in building and presenting a communications and public relations strategy to our Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
- 1. Background in Marketing, Communication, nonprofit management or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point required.
- HTML/Internet savvy.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites and media sources.
- Interest in nonprofit management.
- Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism; Junior/Senior.