Nutrition Intern 2021
Reporting to the Director of Nutrition and Dietetics in the Domestic Marketing Department, the Nutrition Intern will actively assist in the deployment of pork industry nutrition insights to key stakeholders throughout the pork industry value chain. This is an outreach position that offers exposure to many functions of health, nutrition and dietetics. We are looking for a highly motivated, creative individual with a passion for using nutrition to connect with consumers in relevant, meaningful ways.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Translating our nutrition strategy into plans, projects, and programs in collaboration with the Domestic Marketing Team.
- Assisting in the coordination and production of nutrition video content from our innovation kitchen including testing recipes, ordering groceries, prepping ingredients, organizing shoot details, etc.
- Developing nutrition education materials for schools, businesses and community groups.
- Compiling competitive intelligence on nutrition related products, programs and promotions.
- Working with internal teams to develop meaningful nutrition communication programs that build brand loyalty, create brand advocates, connect with consumers in a compelling way and drive pork sales.
- Working with insights team to develop marketing strategies and to advise on opportunities to grow our health and wellness presence and increase pork demand.
- Identifying new opportunities in which to engage influencers to support our company well-being efforts.
- Student working towards a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and people skills
- Close attention to detail
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Travel may be expected
Criteria for applying:
- Part-time starting January 11, 2021. Hours per week dependent upon school schedule.
- Compensation is based on 40 hours per week.
- All intern positions are based at our office in Clive, IA.
- All interns will be expected to secure their own housing.
- Please submit application by October 30, 2020, no phone calls please.
The National Pork Board has responsibility for Checkoff-funded research, promotion and consumer information projects and for communicating with pork producers and the public. The Pork Checkoff funds national and state programs in advertising, consumer information, retail and foodservice marketing, export market promotion, production improvement, technology, swine health, pork safety and environmental management. Applicants should be able to support the mission of the organization with enthusiasm to serve U.S. pork producers.
The National Pork Board has been recognized nationally as a “best place to work”. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer an exceptional benefits package and work environment. Visit us online at www.pork.org.