International Marketing Intern 2021
The National Pork Board (NPB) is seeking an International Marketing intern to join our team. The United States is the world’s second largest pork exporter and international marketing is critically important to our nation’s pork producers as approximately one-third of total U.S. pork production is being exported in 2020. To support our nation’s pork producers, we are looking for a mature, highly motivated, dynamic, and collaborative team member to assist and support the NPB International Marketing department on pork industry issues and opportunities related to marketing U.S. pork outside of the United States.
In this role, the NPB’s International Marketing intern will gain hands-on experience with NPB’s international marketing initiative as NPB represents the U.S. pork industry on a global scale. The intern will seek to serve US pork producers by learning the challenges of international marketing through a trade and export lens. The intern will build relationships with the key stakeholders and partners to NPB’s efforts to market U.S. pork in foreign markets such as the US Meat Export Federation (USMEF), National Pork Producers Council (NPPC), the North American Meat Institute (NAMI), and Federal Government Agencies such as the United States Department of Agriculture. In summary, the intern should expect a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging, and rewarding work experience.
Students will be pursuing a BS, MS or JD degree in ag business, marketing, economics, trade, international studies, law or other relevant field.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Bi-lingual language skills a plus.
- Maturity, strong collaboration and diplomatic people skills.
- Ability to quickly read, spot key issues and intelligently summarize documents and data with a close attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and self-starter.
- Some travel will be expected.
Criteria for applying:
- Our internships are generally scheduled May 17 – August 6, 2021.
- Internships are paid 40 hours, over 12 weeks.
- All intern positions are based at our office in Clive, IA.
- All interns will be expected to secure their own housing for the summer.
- Application deadline is October 30, 2020 – no phone calls please.
The National Pork Board has responsibility for Checkoff-funded research, promotion and consumer information projects and for communicating with pork producers and the public. The Pork Checkoff funds national and state programs in advertising, consumer information, retail and foodservice marketing, export market promotion, production improvement, technology, swine health, pork safety and environmental management. Applicants should be able to support the mission of the organization with enthusiasm to serve U.S. pork producers.
The National Pork Board has been recognized nationally as a “best place to work”. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer an exceptional benefits package and work environment. Visit us online at www.pork.org.