This internship is based in Arlington, VA. Schedule is flexible and will be determined pending the intern’s availability. All NASDA interns receive monthly stipends.
Internship responsibilities include:
• Manage data collection of NASDA’s trade show exhibitors, including inquiries, participation, and evaluations.
• Promote NASDA trade show activity with written and graphic content via NASDA’s social media channels and weekly newsletters.
• Assist in preparing materials for foreign buyers and U.S. exporters who participate in NASDA’s trade shows.
• Work with NASDA consultants contacting trade show exhibitors to register them for one-on-one export consulting sessions at the Miami and Chicago trade shows.
• Conduct market research to identify food and ag industry trends in international export markets.
• Assist with identifying and writing success stories about small and medium size food and ag exporters.
• Travel to major national food trade shows and organize meetings between exhibitors and an export consultant.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to prioritize work • Interest in international business and agriculture is a plus
• Spring intern is required to travel to a major national food trade show in Chicago, IL, May 22-25, 2021
• Fall intern is required to travel to a major national food trade show in Miami, FL, September 22-23, 2021
• Ability to be very detailed oriented and provide excellent customer service to a wide range of companies and producers