Real Estate Sales/Climate Risk Specialist role in New York
Your Team responsibilities
Promote MSCI’s best-in-class real estate analytics platform to Asset Managers and Asset Owners. This platform encompasses performance attribution, benchmarking, market data & climate risk metrics. Particular emphasis will be placed on ESG and Climate Risk solutions. Collaborate with MSCI Senior Account Managers to tap into senior decision makers and new use cases. Retention: Working closely with the Client Consultants and senior MSCI stakeholders including the EC, develop a proactive servicing model to mitigate client risk.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect …
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
Leverage the full range of the Real Estate offering including Enterprise Analytics, Global Intel, Portfolio Builder and Climate Risk to create value-add/differentiated solutions. Climate Risk: Capitalize on the expanded market opportunity, both in terms of new prospects and new stakeholders within existing client base. Work closely with ESG colleagues.
- Engage in a consultative sales process handling new product placements and pursuing opportunities to cross sell within your territory and key accounts
- Champion and customize the range of analytical services the firm has to offer for specific use cases and client types, while highlighting our value proposition
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Pre-sales analysis, market analysis, competitor research.
- Work with other departments (Product Management, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to ensure that all client requirements are covered in product demonstrations
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, engineering or related field is required
- CFA, FRM credentials (highly desirable)
- 3-5+ years direct sales experience with a consistent record of achieving or exceeding target revenue goals
- Sales development experience including territory research, prospect identification and lead follow up
- Experience selling software and portfolio analytics
- Knowledge of institutional financial services industry
- High level understanding of quantitative finance and financial technology
- Strong negotiation and sales closing skills
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women’s Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (www.msci.com)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status,