The New Business Development Manager will support the sales of MPI in prospecting and building a pipeline of qualified leads by researching and targeting prospects using a variety of tools. You will be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of MPI’s customer base. We expect you to be a reliable professional able to achieve balance between customer orientation and a results-driven approach. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in high-speed environments and is passionate about the overall success of MPI.
- Effectively vet and deliver consistent pipeline of qualified leads.
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify decision makers.
- Identifies market opportunities to develop our current customer relationships in different ways.
- Correspond with leads via email and phone to follow up and/or confirm appointments.
- Gather customer prospect information and qualify interest.
- Respond to web-based inquiries from prospective customers.
- Meet or exceed targeted metrics with volume and quality of leads generated.
- Report status/progress for each lead.
- Ensure effective communication with management and operations.
- Document complete and accurate information on all leads.
- Potential to attend planned events and trade shows to develop qualified leads.
- Understand each customer’s needs to provide real, effective solutions.
- Prepare and perform face to face presentations to the customer.
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, resourceful and well organized, excels under pressure.
- Demonstrates achievement or ongoing progress toward, meeting or exceeding all specified company goals.
- Works as a positive team member, always available to assist teammates, drivers, customers etc.
- Demonstrates pricing proficiency, resourcefulness, and creativity.
- Experience managing a customer database and transportation management system, maintaining current information.
- Broad general knowledge of logistics and a deep working knowledge and skill set leading domestic transportation and logistics operations.
- Knowledge of the activities and responsibilities involved in selling a product or service.
- Ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information.
- Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone.
- Ability and willingness to seek out work and the drive to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated willingness and curiosity to dig-in and find answers to the “unknowns” that come up during business activity.
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated ability to transform working knowledge into tactical decision making to support business objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, sales, customer service or other applicable experience
- Proven experience communicating across boundaries, both internal and external, with ease and demonstrated experience building strong relationships with business partners.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, and photocopiers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to point, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
MPI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Tax Saving Health Care Programs (Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account) (HSA/FSA)
- 401(k) / Retirement plan
Base pay $45,000, commission on sales and account renewals