Mobilize is the events management and supper engagement platform that connects mission-driven organizations and their supporters.
The Mobilize platform has helped 4,000 advocacy organizations, nonprofits, unions, and political campaigns (including Planned Parenthood Action Fund, the Human Rights Campaign, AARP, and the Biden/Harris campaign) sign up more than 4.4 million supporters for 16 million actions.
In December 2020 Mobilize became an independent business unit of EveryAction. The partnership offers direct access to EveryAction, which offers the best digital, donor management, and organizing tools on a single, unified CRM.
As a company we are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of volunteers and organizations that we exist to serve. We especially encourage women, people who identify as LGBTQ, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the technology and nonprofit industries to apply.
Our team comes from a variety of companies: Airbnb, Bain & Company, Condé Nast, Facebook, Hustle, LinkedIn, DataCamp, The New York Times, Quora, and various political campaigns and governmental organizations.
Mobilize is making significant investments in marketing in 2021 as it continues to scale its presence in newer verticals (nonprofits, labor unions, etc.). In tandem with the Director of Marketing, Marketing Associate, and Designer, you’ll create strategies and materials to introduce new client partners to the platform.
You’ll work hand-in-hand with every part of our organization (product, partnerships, success, biz ops, etc.) to best strategize how to communicate their efforts to various audiences. By the end of your time here you’ll have gained valuable knowledge of Democratic campaigns and mission-driven organizations. You’ll also develop marketing and communications skills that come from working in a fast-paced environment with many stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Support every area of the business by building brand awareness and increasing client retention/engagement
- Significant writing and editing: produce blog posts, case studies, sales collateral, newsletters, etc.
- Manage social media accounts
- Build reports on performance of site and marketing channels
- Follow political and industry news and competitors’ brand presence to develop takeaways for Mobilize’s promotional strategies
Who you are:
- An enthusiastic team-player currently enrolled in a degree-conferring program
- An excellent verbal and written communicator (writing samples will be requested)
- Proficient in Google Docs (Office, Spreadsheets, and Slides)
- Ability to be data-driven and creative simultaneously
- Self-starter who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about creating a more just, democratic, and inclusive world
- Bonus points for:
- Experience on a political campaign in organizing or digital
- Exposure to software-as-a-service organizations and business models
- Experience with Hubspot
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Basic graphic design abilities
- 8-12 weeks, up to 30 hours per week
- Flexible start and end dates—can continue into academic school year if interested
- This position pays minimum wage per state