Join our MWVCAA IT team! The Information Technology Specialist II works in partnership with the rest of the Information Support Services team to insure quality customer service and high reliability in all technical aspects for end users. The primary responsibilities will include, but is not limited to: end user support and training, install, configure and maintaining agency systems. Work also includes collaboration on projects such as conducting technical needs assessments, creating installation plans, analyzing and correcting network malfunctions, serving as system administrator and enhancing operating environments; and related work as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. May be assigned other responsibilities that further program goals and objectives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), and an Associate’s degree in Computer Science, or 2 years of experience in a relevant technical support field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Valid driver license and insured vehicle available for use on the job with a satisfactory drive record for the past 3 years.
- Must be able to complete successful registration with the Child Care Division’s Central Criminal Background Registry.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity for handling office equipment.
- Indoor, office work environment with frequent interruptions and demands.
- Working with coworkers/clients over the phone and in-person.
- Occasional noise and distractions in work spaces.
- Occasional remote work.
*COVID-19 Alert: This position includes performing essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic and potential exposure to others who may be infected with the virus. I understand that if I am feeling unwell or have knowledge that I have had contact with an individual with a positive COVID-19 test, I will report it to my supervisor and HR-COVID@mwvcaa.org and that I must use available PPE and practice social distancing whenever possible according to agency policies.
MWVCAA is committed to promoting and achieving diversity, equity and inclusion with employees and with those we serve. The agency strives to be an employer of choice with a vision for all people to be respected for their infinite worth, and supported to envision and reach a positive future.
MWVCAA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, veterans, and people with disabilities or any other protected category. We welcome all people to join us in achieving our Mission. If you require any assistance in the application process, or reasonable accommodations to perform the essential duties of the position, please notify a member of our team at (503) 585-6232.