MeySen Academy seeks those who have a passion to teach English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to a classroom of Japanese children. There are three, full-time, paid opportunities, that are open to those studying Education and those studying outside of Education.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with elementary aged children, the ability to play daily on the playground, the ability to carry a tune and sing for others, a strong interest in learning how to teach EFL while working alongside a team in upholding the school’s mission and core values as a Christian school. Please see our website for complete job descriptions.
OUR MISSION & CORE VALUES:
The mission of MeySen Academy is to provide each of our students with an extraordinary education that is centered on the values and principles of the spirit of Christ so that each may grow to be a healthy and whole person who reveres God, loves others, and pursues truth and righteousness.
DILIGENCE: “All Your Strength. All Your Soul.”
INTEGRITY: “Honesty and Integrity Above All.”
SERVENTHOOD: “Acting for the Good of Others.”
HUMILITY: “Knowing our Limits; Learning from Others.”
COMPASSION: “Understanding. Caring. Loving.”
Prior to applying, we’d like to encourage you to take a look at our “Professional Standards” document at this LINK.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Honest, hardworking, flexible and dedicated individual who has a warm and energetic personality.
· Degree (AA, AS, BA or BS)
· Experience working with children in a paid and/or volunteer capacity. A student teaching experience is preferred for the Premier School division.
· Physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of a MeySen Academy teacher. Activities would include, and not limited to, running and playing with children, climbing jungle gym outdoor toys, sliding down slides, leading a horse or pony, and many other outdoor activities (hiking, boating, water play, camping). Some would say that the energy spent during a 30 minute playtime could be equated to jogging a 15 minute mile.
· Singing: Ability to stay on tune and sing for others (your teammates, students, and their family members)
· Normal program preparation may also include climbing ladders, lifting tables and chairs, raking leaves and shoveling snow. We work hard to ensure our programs are conducted in a professional and safe way with an attitude of excellence.
COMPENSATION: Tax FREE salary for U.S. citizens!!
Premier School Kindergarten Teacher: ¥3,240,000YEN/Year
Premier School Elementary Teacher & Friends Club Teacher: 2,760,000YEN/Year
*To convert the yen into U.S. dollars, please copy the above amount and paste into the converter located at this site: https://fx-rate.net/JPY/USD/
· A 50,000yen housing subsidy is included in the monthly salary (Rent money!!)
· Fully furnished apartment within walking distance of the school
· One, economy class, round trip plane ticket per contracted year
· National health insurance with 70% coverage and MeySen pays half of the salary based premiums
· Paid training for those who begin in February
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Three vacations & many national holidays throughout the school year
VIDEO OVERVIEW: http://www.meysen.ac.jp/en/teachers.htm
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW TIMELINE: [https://www.meysen.ac.jp/en/process.htm]
Now: Applications Accepted NOW
Now until October 12th: Interview Process
February 2021: Move to Japan and start training!
April 2021 to March 2022: Contracted School Year
(This is a renewable year long contract if both parties agree that it’s a good fit!)
**We will interview again in the Spring for four opportunities that would begin from September 2021.**
INTERESTED…? HAVE QUESTIONS…?
Please take some time to look through our website before applying ONLINE through our website.
Melissa Elder, Recruiter