- Janesville, WI, day shift, 48hrs/2wks
- “Ask us about your sign on bonus eligibility!”
- Weekend and holiday rotation
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Collect patient specimens.
- Utilize the Information System to receive patients, order and collect samples, result tests, answer questions from nurses and physicians, document quality control activities and produce reports required to perform job tasks.
- Confirms accuracy of patient sample identification prior to performing analyses; evaluates specimen quality and identifies when unacceptable. Documents information concerning quality of specimen, impact of sub-optimal specimens on test values. Initiates recollection procedure as indicated.
- Perform waived and moderate complexity lab tests as defined by CLIA by automated and manual methods according to defined policies and procedures.
- Analyze test results prior to release of information to chart for validity and accuracy.
- Assure that designated turnaround times for results are met and that critical results are appropriately reported and documented.
- Performs quality control and proficiency testing procedures as defined by policy.
- Interpret and troubleshoot quality control results to ensure accurate and precise test results.
- Performs preventative maintenance, minor troubleshooting and calibration of laboratory instrumentation.
- Maintain competency in current procedures and gain competency for new methods implemented.
Education & Experience
Must be qualified to perform moderate complexity testing according to CLIA 493.1423 Standard; Testing personnel qualifications.
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk, hear and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may have occasion to reach overhead to pick up objects or to adjust items. The employee may have occasion to bend under or crawl under bench to move or obtain objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Med Tech Lab Medical Laboratory Assistant Technician
EOE&AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Mercy is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under Affirmative Action Plans.