In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support mechanical engineering tasks related to electronic module and sub-system assembly designs based on open standards. Assignments range from simple documentation updates to detailed mechanical packaging design, prototype inspection and assembly, environmental test support, and release documentation required to produce, procure, and assemble hardware.
You are responsible for:
- Conceptualization, design, development, analysis, and documentation of mechanical hardware and/or systems for use in rugged military applications
- Creation of complex models and detailed drawings using SolidWorks 2018
- Communication of design concepts and document product to diverse audiences internal and external to Mercury
- Support product validation testing such as thermal, airflow, random vibration, mechanical shock, humidity, and environmental stress screening
- Structuring Bills of Materials (BOMs/PLs)
- Drafting and managing Engineering Change Requests (ECRs)
- Driving procurement of prototype material to verify form, fit, and function
- Draft Test plans and Inspection reports as part of verification and validation
You are a part of:
The candidate will work with Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering staff as part of daily activities. This hands-on position will provide an opportunity for the candidate to take hardware from concept design all the way through integration, test, and production release.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Candidate for a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related technical field
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard documentation and presentation tools
- An understanding of heat transfer and thermal management design
- General knowledge of both conventional manufacturing techniques and advanced manufacturing, such as additive manufacturing
- Working knowledge using Microsoft Windows Office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD tools such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Relevant courses will be taken into consideration
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is the leader in making trusted, secure mission-critical technologies profoundly more accessible to the aerospace and defense industries. Optimized for customer and mission success, our innovative solutions power more than 300 critical aerospace and defense programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., and with manufacturing and design facilities around the world, Mercury specializes in engineering, adapting and manufacturing new solutions purpose-built to meet the industry’s current and emerging high-tech needs. Our employees are committed to Innovation that Matters®.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it’s important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the number below.
Click here read about our recent press release and how Mercury Systems was named to Fortune Magazine’s list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Click Here to learn about OFCCP