A Pricing/Customer Master Specialist is responsible for maintaining the Customer Master File and Pricing Master File in SAP. Additionally, he/she: Supports Sales Tax, DPSS, Price Lists, and all other Customer and Price related activities. He/She engages, advocates and seeks resolution for customer needs when issues/opportunities are presented. He/she also helps to coordinate Customer and Pricing activities for new product launches; and engages with other areas of Merck Animal Health to address and manage business and processes for Merck Animal Health Accounts as they related to Customer Information and Pricing.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as central point of contact and center of excellence for all pricing initiatives within U.S. Animal Health
- Maintain accurate prices for all Merck products, all SKUs at all times
- Ensures that SAP reflects accurate pricing at all times
- Acts as the face of Merck to Distribution Partners and customers on any pricing discrepancy or question
- Single point of contact for any pricing changes within SAP and ensuring that complete, auditable trail of approvals are in place
- Works with PwC and any other audit authorities to ensure that U.S. Merck Animal Health is completely compliant with all accepted business practices and policies
- Act as a central point of contact within Merck Animal Health’s Order Management Center for all Pricing/Product activities. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, maintain, update pricing (list price, account agreements, marketing programs, HomeAgain contracts and bundles)
- Enter new products and code for state restrictions
- Act as a central point of contact within Merck Animal Health’s Order Management Center for all Customer activities. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up new accounts in SAP, making account changes, and updating license information
- Support sales tax activities related to invoicing
- Flagging accounts for HomeAgain and Activyl
- Account clean-up projects
- Audit New Practice Program submissions
- Maintain account hierarchies
- Maintain approved products for purchase by account
- Create Price Lists by Customer Group and by Customer
- Perform Minimum Selling Price audits
- SAP Billing activities
- Correct daily error log
- Remove billing blocks
- Create/cancel invoices
- Run manual billing runs
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in SAP and other relevant systems and applications
- Manage ad hoc projects as assigned by management
- Other duties as assigned related to Pricing Master and Customer Master
· Similar experience working in Specialist role
· Knowledge about the industry including competitors and market trends
· Knowledge of SAP or similar system, particularly the Pricing and Customer master components
· Keen eye for identifying opportunities and attention to detail
· Strong analytical and research skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good problem skills
· Effective reporting and presentations skills
· Enthusiastic and proactive team player
· Able to sit in front of a computer screen for long hours every day
Minimum Education Requirement:
· B.S./B.A. degree preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems.
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
· Strong business judgment and decision-making ability.
· Ability to work independently.