The Account Manager is responsible for building relationships with new clients while maintaining existing client base, coaching clients on all aspects of Medica’s programs/products and client implementation. This role will also be responsible for the effective and timely resolution of service issues.
The Account Manager will work with both self-funded and fully insured clients.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience OR 7+ years of applicable experience without degree
- Relevant experience includes Account Management, Group Health, Benefits Administration, Human Resources, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with both fully insured and self-funded health plans.
- Nebraska Life and Health License or the ability to obtain within the first 90-days of employment
Skills and Abilities:
- Represent Medica in a positive manner in the market by participating in company-sponsored events, programs, and educational opportunities.
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with clients.
- Exceed client and broker partner expectations through proactive communication and best-in-class service.
- Develop and cultivate trusted adviser relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Track and clearly communicate the progress of initiatives and stated metrics to internal and external stakeholders, as applicable.
- Enhance department and organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Sales team to successfully on-board and integrate new clients.
- Serve as liaison for clients and internal stakeholders.