Part-Time Dental Hygienist – Children’s Clinic
Starting Salary: $28/hourly
Position Schedule: Days and hours may vary
This part time position offers the opportunity to be a part of a caring and professional dental team focused on protecting and promoting health through the provision of comprehensive dental care for children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Routine hygiene duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Prophylactic services
- Scaling and root planning
- Placement of dental sealants
- Taking digital x-rays
- Providing oral health education
- Charting dentition, decay, and disease diagnosed by dentist for treatment
- Assist with restorative procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
In addition to having excellent dental hygienist skills, the preferred candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills, be attentive to detail, and possess the Health Department’s core values of innovation, collaboration, flexibility, and discernment. Experience with electronic record keeping preferred but not required.
- Current Unrestricted Dental Hygiene license
- Professional Liability Insurance are required.
- Previous dental experience is preferred; however, a great attitude and a strong work ethic are our first priorities.
- Secondary languages; Spanish preferred.
- Experience with the Eaglesoft program.
Physical demand is comparable to typical dental hygiene work.
The McLean County Health Department dental clinic has four operatories and is part of a clinic space shared the Immunizations, Family Case Management, and WIC programs.
With the ongoing concerns of COVID-19 our office has taken every necessary precaution for our employees to feel safe and protected. We provide certified PPE for our staff and we are not overbooking appointments.
About McLean County Government
McLean County is the largest county by land area in the state of Illinois with a population of over 172,000. McLean County Government is a fast-moving and dynamic workplace established to locally administer Illinois State laws and serve the community in a variety of ways throughout our multitude of departments. With a $97 million operating budget, over 800 employees, and an Aa1 Bond Rating, McLean County Government is positioned to maintain and expand its reputation for excellence in local government.
To learn more about all the services McLean County Government provides the community, please visit https://mcleancountyil.gov/. A full list of Departments with a description of their function can be located at https://www.mcleancountyil.gov/8/Departments.
How to Apply
Click “Apply Now” at the top of this post. Please include resume and cover letter with application.
- To upload your resume, on the application you will see a Resume Upload box. Click on the Select Resume button, then navigate to your resume and click Open. Then click on the green Upload Resume button.
- To upload your cover letter, on the application you will see a Document Upload box. Click on the Select Document button, then navigate to your cover letter and click Open. Then click on the green Upload Document button.
- All Resume, Cover Letter, and other document uploads must be in one of the following formats: .pdf, .txt, .doc, and .docx. If you are unable to convert your documents to one of these formats, please contact us at 309-888-5110.
*If applying through a third party job board, please fill out an application via McLean County Government’s Job Board located at https://il-mcleancounty.civicplushrms.com/careers/Jobs.aspx
Confidentiality of your application is maintained upon request.
McLean County Government is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.