Join the McCarthy Intern Advantage program! McCarthy’s internship program is very competitive and is an excellent opportunity to learn hands on what a career in construction is all about! Real Experience. Real Results. An intern hired in the Southwest Region could be assigned to a project anywhere throughout the SW region of the US.
Report to Project Manager or Assistant PM and perform duties to assist you in learning the process of managing the construction of the project. Work in conjunction with other Field Staff to ensure mutual project and personal development goals are being met. Duties may include the following, depending on education and skill level, as well as status/timing of the project.
• Assist team with General Contract and Subcontract administration
• Exposure to Construction Scheduling
• Material & Equipment – procurement and expediting
• Mechanical, electrical and piping systems coordination
• Shop drawing and submittal review and coordination
• Participation in and documentation of project coordination meetings
• Research and suggest options on construction means, methods and equipment
• Maintenance of As-Built plans
• Exposure to and monitoring of quality control – field and shop
• Monitor and document jobsite safety and accident prevention
• Sophomore or Junior working towards Bachelors degree, preferably in Construction Management or Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• Valid interest in pursuing a career in Construction/Project Management required
• General knowledge of construction principles/processes
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.