Software Engineering Intern (100% Remote)
(Leadership is in California)
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
McAfee is hiring a few Software Engineering Interns for our Enterprise Products side of the business. This intern will be collaborating in real McAfee product extending support for new 3rd Party integrations. This experience will immerse the students in the world of Data Ingestion and Content Delivery to customers. This intern will be working together with Engineering team to extend product API used by our customers and will learn hands on practice about cybersecurity, technologies, tools and software development life cycle. This is a summer internship, full time and 100% remote.
About the Role
The efficacy a security information and event management system (SIEM) rely on its ability to view and analyze data from a wide variety of sources. This information is used for threat detection, advanced analytics and during the investigation process within a security operations team. McAfee Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) covers a vast number of data sources (400+) but needs to expand its coverage across SaaS solutions. ESM provides real time visibility into activity, advanced threat intelligence and embedded compliance framework for clients. Our current focus is on closing gaps in IaaS and SaaS visibility (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP etc.), as well as across commonly used SaaS applications such as Salesforce, Box, Workday, Dropbox, ServiceNow and others.
▪ Trained on technical concepts and general processes
▪ Participate in ingestion/collection and normalization for new sources.
▪ Generating packages to deliver security specific content to customers including correlation rules, views, watchlists, notifications.
▪ Interpreting exiting communication method between server and browser to convert to new format
▪ Collaborate in real McAfee product extending support for new 3rd Party integrations
▪ Learn about Data Ingestion and Content Delivery to customers.
▪ Work together with engineering team to extend product API used by our customers.
▪ Learn by hands on practice about Cybersecurity, technologies, tools and Software Development Life Cycle.
▪ Participate in a real word project with real problems to solve but in a controlled working environment.
▪ Develop analytical and problem-solving skills
▪ Integration with the Project team by interacting with other pairs in order to get support to complete the assigned tasks.
▪ Get exposed to Software Engineering Agile methodologies
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related
· Classes in software development, infrastructure or software as a service (IAAS or SAAS), or application programming interfaces (API). Classes in agile is highly preferred
· Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment, starting remotely
· Comfortable with presenting ideas to the team formally and impromptu
· Desire to learn new technologies and concepts
· Strong verbally and written communication skills. Strong presenter.
· This position will be 100% remote. Hiring multiple interns.
· Must be authorized to work without visa (CPT) restrictions