About Macquarie Investment Management
Macquarie Investment Management (MIM) is a global asset manager with offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. As active managers, we prioritize autonomy and accountability at the team level in pursuit of opportunities that matter for our clients. Our conviction-based, long-term approach has led institutional and individual clients to entrust us to manage $US248.6 billion in assets as of June 30, 2019.
In the US, retail investors recognize our Delaware Funds by Macquarie as one of the longest-standing mutual fund families, with more than 75 years in existence. Macquarie Investment Management is a division of Macquarie Asset Management, a global asset manager with $US367 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2020.
The Macquarie Internship Program
Our fast-paced ten-week internship program based in MIM’s global headquarters of Philadelphia will provide you with hands on experience in the investment management world.
The program kicks off with an orientation providing you with the opportunity to learn about the Macquarie business groups across the United States as you meet your fellow interns and expand your network.
On the desk, you’ll be given meaningful and challenging work allowing you to gain practical experience to tie into your theoretical knowledge from school. You will receive support from your manager and aligned mentor. And additionally participate in philanthropic and social events to connect you into our collaborative culture. To conclude your summer, you will present a project that you worked on during the program to senior management.
As an intern, you will learn about our investment strategies across equities and fixed income through weekly learning series and exposure to senior leaders throughout the organization. You will have the opportunity to see the bigger picture, discover the tools and insights you need to understand market movements and implications and sharpen your decision-making skills for your own projects.
You will be directly placed into one of our Investment Teams, either Equities or Fixed Income, based on your interest and our business need. You will be:
- valuing and running performance analysis of fund assets through financial modelling and scenario analysis
- preparing marketing and investor relations materials for internal and external use
- financial and corporate analysis of new transactions including cash-flow modelling, asset valuations, and industry research
Who we are looking for:
- Sophomores with excellent academic records and a demonstrated interest in finance through previous internships and coursework.
- Critical thinkers with strong qualitative and analytical skills who express their thoughts and ideas.
- Collaborative thinkers who are able to build strong working relationships while also working independently.
- Proactive and organized self-starters with a positive attitude, powerful work ethic, strong attention to detail with experience and comfort in Excel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.