Now hiring for Summer Program Specialist at Camp Knutson!!! The program specialist at Camp Knutson is responsible for planning, teaching, coordinating, and carrying out program activities to help guide our campers with identified needs in an experience that promotes safety, learning, and fun. Program specialists will be working with campers with a variety of abilities including Down syndrome, Autism, Skin Diseases and Heart Diseases and more. Some of the programming, Program Specialist assist with are nature, arts and crafts, skits and drama, horseback riding, canoeing/kayaking, fishing, boating, tubing, outdoor cooking, low ropes course, archery, evening programming and more. Our summer commitment is from Monday May 24th to Friday August 20th with additional employment opportunities for our extended season from August 20st – October 5th. Each Program Specialist will receive a weekly stipend, free housing, and meals during the duration of employment.
Camp Knutson is located in northern MN, in the beautiful city of Crosslake. With all updated and newly built facilities, camp rests on a 30 acre peninsula of the Whitefish Chain of Lakes. Camp Knutson partners with different organizations to facilitate each week of camp who provide the cabin counselors, medical staff and additional leadership staff.
Minimum Education and Experience
1. Must be at least 19 years of age AND completed 2nd year of college or post-secondary education
2. Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid / CPR
3. Must be able to submit a health history record and examination form prior to first day of work
4. Ability to interact with all age levels and a variety of disabilities ranging from mental to physical needs
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their daily program activities and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for camper within the mission and outcomes.
3. Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
4. Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
5. Responsible for daily cleaning and up keep of various areas around camp to promote a safe, healthy, and welcoming environment.
1. Visit www.campknutson.org/employment to find our detailed job description along with more information.
2. Go through the outlined steps listed on the Camp Knutson website under the employment page to submit your application, resume and cover letter to Caitlin.firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you have additional questions about the Program Specialist Position or the application process please contact our Program Director, Caitlin Malin at Caitlin.email@example.com or 608-632-4201