About the job
DeGroot Logistics is a leader in national refrigerated transportation, part of a family of companies that do business in the transportation and agricultural markets. With our roots as a vegetable farm in central IL, we exist to raise the level of service to our shipper and carrier partners engaged in the distribution of food throughout North America. One of our core principles is that while adoption of new technologies and processes will continue to revolutionize how transportation and agricultural markets function, our strategy is the development of a team of supply chain experts.
Located in Chicago, our Carrier Sales Representatives are responsible for coordinating shipments with our network of partner carriers as well as adding new carriers to our network. We are a fast paced, highly collaborative, team oriented company. We have an outstanding training and development program – you will have the opportunity to work across multiple departments and move internally into leadership roles. The Carrier Sales Rep represents DeGroot Logistics professionally and favorably in all interactions internally and externally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contact carriers, negotiate rates, and move freight for our customers
- Ensure loads are picked up and delivered on time
- Build relationships with carriers and carrier base
- Complete proper documentation for carrier compliance/insurance
- Communicate with customers throughout the load transit to build trust and good relationships
- Enter load details in TMS/ Creating rate confirmations for partner carriers
Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ years experience working in a sales and commission role
- Attention to detail with a strong desire to deliver value added support to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Must be flexible to assist with client needs outside normal business hours as needed.
- Money motivated
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work onsite in our Lakeview Chicago location M-F; 7am-4pm